You can add a new monitor for each monitoring server to add a database checker in Mihanwebhost Monitoring Service.
This monitor allows you to check remote communication with the database.
There is also the possibility to check the data by executing a query using the MYSQL, Firebirdon, Microsoft SQL, Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL, and etc. drivers.
To create this monitor, you can create the corresponding monitor by completing the requested fields.
- In the first field, enter a good title for your monitor
- In the second part, you can choose one of the drivers for connecting to the database
- In the third field, the third domain of your domain is used to connect to the database.
- In the port section, enter the port you want, for example (Port 3306) which is by default.
- In the next field, you must set a reporting period, and set a Threshold from 1, 3, 5 and 7 to set the time period for checking and sending an alert. (Do you want to be alerted after several times and get an error?)
- In this field, enter the name of your database in the database field.
- In the username field, enter your username.
- In the password field, enter your database password.
- In the bar bar section, you can select an interval for checking your server in minutes and hours.
At the bottom, you can choose to only check your connection to your database or with the Query?
- Connection problem checks only connection
- Is connection or command problem checks the connection with the execution of a specific query.
Finally, you can choose how to send alerts to the same server and the same monitor at the bottom of the monitor to add the monitor to your home monitor.
add a database checker in Mihanwebhost Monitoring Service
How useful was this training?